RegMed sector, what keeps me awake at night?
Determining who is the sector’s tortoise or hare
Mid-Day: The NASDAQ is DOWN -0.80 (-0.03%) to 3,021.72 while the Dow is UP +19.90 (+0.15%) to 13,189.33.
Market Commentary: Stocks held their gains Tuesday as Wall Street cheered a better-than-expected retail sales report and after both French and German GDP data topped expectations.
Today’s Gospel: Stocks added to modest gains across the board Tuesday … as earnings <LPS or loss per share are still dribbling in … we’re still feeling the effects of low volume … for a slow and steady grind … which is better than the alternative. Who is playing through today … Pluristem (PSTI) is up again … with Osiris (OSIR), while Aastrom (ASTM), Cytomedix (OTC: CMXI) following Dendreon (DNDN).
While buying interest has remained subdued … stocks continue to see modest strength in mid-day trading on Tuesday. The tortoises are holding on to slim gains while racing the hare <Pluristem (PSTI)> while many … Regmed sector equities ended the previous session on opposite sides of the unchanged line.
Measuring the day – 13 green (ups) … with 12 red (downs) and 2-3 fluctuating black (flats)… The CBOE Volatility Index traded jumped above 14 !
- Aastrom (ASTM) is UP… $0.01 at $1.80 <post earnings and still lagging from implementing and executing the common stock/warrant exchange … with an increasing mid-day range of $1.78 – $1.82 with … with still small volume … of 70K so, far from Monday’s $1.76 – $1.81 <versus volume of 186.5K>.
- BioLife Solutions (OTC: BLFS) is … DOWN …-$0.03 or -23.08% to $0.10, again …. is everyone understanding the earnings announcement that drove it back to $0.10 –I am still backing this grossly LOW value asset …with volume of 120 share… from Monday’s 1oK share volume and a comparable trading range;
- Cytori (CYTX) is UP…. +0.18 or +6.67% to $2.88 …< post flat earnings with an expanded EU approval on 8/9/12> … in an increasing trading range of $2.71 – $2.96 with trading of 187K shares from Monday’s $2.60 – $2.70 with <versus 178.9K;
- Osiris (OSIR) is UP +$0.19 or +2.18% to $8.89 …after the slow crawl … with an increasing trading range of $8.63 -$9.03 from with still low volume of 72K shares so far from Monday’s $8.27 – $8.94, with yesterday’s volume of 169K>;
- NeoStem (Amex: NBS) … is DOWN … 0.035 …to $0.666 or -4.94% and slowing the downward curve … in a tighter day’s range of $0.66 -$0.734 … with 711K volume from Monday’s $0.68 -$0.73 and volume of 676.1K. Additional commentary; NeoStem (NBS) is down … on earnings which … I actually view as a positive … they can articulate … better metrics to the future and understanding and after all that has happened since the China subsidiary spin-out …. I am … still … holding to my hypothesis that … after all the … up days an down days … we are still better than we have been … so welcome the weak and low volume days for continued swings in these summer week. • Look at Athersys (ATHX) down -$0.03 after earnings, last night! I am still betting – $1.00 by September … keeping the faith as well as still … streaming about the share price potential …!!!
- Aastrom (ASTM),
- Advanced Cell Technology (OTC BB: ACTC),
- Bioheart (OTC BB: BHRT),
- BioMimetic (BMTI),
- BioTime (Amex: BTX),
- Cytori (CYTX),
- Cytomedix (OTC BB: CMXI),
- Dendreon (DNDN),
- Opexa (OPXA),
- Osiris (OSIR).
- Pluristem (PSTI),
- ReNeuron (RENE.L),
- StemCells (STEM),
- Tengion (TNGN),
- Thermogenesis (KOOL),
- Athersys (ATHX),
- BioLife Solutions (OTC BB: BLFS),
- Brainstorm (OTC BB: BCLI),
- International Stem Cell (OTC: ISCO),
- ImmunoCellular (Amex: IMUC),
- Fibrocell (OTC BB: FCSC).
- NeoStem (Amex: NBS),
- Neuralstem (Amex: CUR),
- Verastem (VSTM).
- Biorestoative (PINK: BRTX),
- Cryo-Cell (OTC BB: CCEL);
- Geron (GERN),
EconoDrama: Retail sales rose 0.8% in July, climbing for the first time in 4 months, according to the Commerce Department. Economists polled by Reuters had expected retail sales to gain 0.3%. Producer prices gained 0.3%in July, the fastest pace in 5 months in July, according to the Labor Department. Analysts polled expected the index to rise 0.2%. The increase was mainly driven by gains in consumer goods, with light trucks up 1.6% and pharmaceuticals up 0.9%. But energy prices fell 0.4% last month. Also on the economic front, business inventories edged up 0.1% to $1.58 trillion in June, according to the Commerce Department, in line with estimates.
What’s new in the regenerative medicine/stem cell market … see: www.scimitarequity.com/blog …
- NeoStem (Amex: NBS) Q2/12 Results … http://www.scimitarequity.com/blog/2012/08/14/neostem-amex-nbs-q212-results
- NeoStem (NYSE MKT: NBS) Business Update … http://www.scimitarequity.com/blog/2012/08/14/neostem-nyse-mkt-nbs-business-update
We are getting closer to: E-News, Actionable Intelligence, Data Analytics and Research – So catch the wave as we are about to launch the new … RegMed …NEWS PORTAL!! The countdown is days away …