RegMed is sluggish-at-best and stock prices have lost one-third of their value in the past months
Usually, when investors hear about pre-clinical initiatives; they assume these initiatives can facilitate appreciation <STEM, PSTI and ATHX> when the market increases, but that is usually but … not absolutely true as value migrates downward over short periods in … this market.
After a while, upward share pricing <based on pre-clinical announcements> become … a quick flash and a moot point!
In this environment where the market is moving sideways – announcements should be dependent on solid clinical data results which means only … shorts … make money in both directions.
Stay away from the hype, especially as we enter earnings release season
Closing Bell: The NASDAQ closed UP +23.30 (+0.79%) to 2,965.90 while the DOW is UP +34.66 (+0.27%) to 12,943.35. <do we for-see 13k again>
EOD Commentary: Stocks closed higher for a 3rd straight session with a struggle … in thin, choppy trading Thursday, but investors hesitated to jump pointing to an ongoing weakness in the economy.
The CBOE volatility index tumbled below 16. Breadth was still negative, with universe losers (20) beating gainers (7) and flats (1).
Who is up … at the close:
- Aastrom (ASTM) +$0.01 <+0.51%> to $1.98;
- Athersys (ATHX) +$0.01 <+0.65%> to $1.56;
- Brainstorm (OTC: BCLI) +$0.002 <+7.55%> to $0.285;
- ImmunoCellular (Amex: IMUC) +$0.01 <+0.29%> to $3.41;
- International Stem Cell (OTC: ISCO) +$0.024 <+8.11%> to $0.32;
- Opexa (OPXA) +$0.01 <+1.35%> to $0.75;
- Pluristem (PSTI) +$0.51 <+18.96%> to $3.20.