Bored and directionless in the markets, an early TGIF
Mid-Day: The NASDAQ is UP +9.43 (+0.33%) to 2,840.45 while the Dow is also UP +15.55 (+0.12%) to 12,476.51.
Mid-Day Market Commentary: Stocks struggled to turn higher, Friday after a weak open, but gains were limited amid fading hopes of a global round of monetary stimulus and as investors refocused their attention to the euro zone debt crisis.
Today’s Gospel: Not much to say that hasn’t been already said this week … Other than if a company was up in past days … it should be down today … as traders swoop in for any <ups> profits to drop it and repurchase in a later and volatile market!!
The DOW, S&P 500 and the Nasdaq have … erased their early losses to hover around the flat line … as the CBOE Volatility Index <the fear gauge> gained near 22. RegMed stocks in … mid-day trading, Friday … 6/8/12 … with one (1) leader … Osiris (OSIR); even green (ups) … with even reds (downs) and … 7-8 black (flats).
- Aastrom (ASTM) is UP, DOWN, and currently FLAT at $2.23 after an appreciating few days with an increasing … mid-day range of $2.17 – $2.26 from yesterday’s $1.98 – $2.03 with … small … volume of 50K shares …as traders swooped-in and leveled the appreciation .
- Cytori (CYTX) is DOWN -$0.04 or –1.73% to $2.27 in an increasing and tightening trading range of $2.20 – $2.34 from yesterday’s $2.12 to $2.21 with … small trading of 56k;
- Osiris (OSIR) …. Is UP … +$0.18 or +2.89% to $6.41 within a comparable $0.45 factor day’s range of $6.02 – $6.47 from yesterday’s $6.38 -$6.83 with smaller volume of 146K than yesterday.
Minimal upward moves: By the hairs …
- Advanced Cell Technology (OTC BB: ACTC),
- Athersys (ATHX),
- Dendreon (DNDN),
- Fibrocell (OTC BB: FCSC),
- Neuralstem (Amex: CUR),
- NeoStem (Amex: NBS),
- Opexa (OPXA),
- Pluristem (PSTI),
- ReNeuron (RENE.L),
Minimal downward moves:
- BioTime (Amex: BTX),
- BioMimetic (BMTI),
- Brainstorm (OTC BB: BCLI),
- Cytomedix (OTC BB: CMXI),
- ImmunoCellular (OTC BB: IMUC),
- International Stem Cell (OTC BB: ISCO),
- Verastem (VSTM).
- BioLife Solutions (OTC BB: BLFS),
- Cryo-Cell (OTC BB: CCEL),
- Geron (GERN),
- Thermogenesis (KOOL),
- StemCells (STEM).
- Tengion (TNGN) .
EconoDrama: The. trade deficit narrowed in April to $50.1B, according to the Commerce Department. Analysts had expected a slightly smaller trade gap of $49.5B. Exports slipped 0.8% to $182.9B. Both imports and exports were still the 2nd highest on record. And wholesale inventories gained 0.6% to a record $483.5 in April, according to the Commerce Department, after an unrevised 0.3% gain in March. Economists had expected a rise of 0.4%.
What’s new in the regenerative medicine/stem cell market … see: www.scimitarequity.com/blog …
Our focus: E-News, Actionable Intelligence, Data Analytics and Research – So catch the wave as we are about to launch the new … RegMed …NEWS PORTAL!! The countdown begins …