Earnings Report Card, Q1/12, Regenerative Medicine Universe
An earnings release is a ‘report card’ of sorts for a public stem cell company. The current LPS (loss per share) standings reflect the universes’ investing status; then add in their cash position for a better snapshot!
By analyzing these comparisons, investors can begin to gauge the financial health to compare the <scientific> opportunity of stem cell research and whether or not it deserves their investment.
For Q1/12 ending 3/31/11, earnings continue to be announced:
- Cytomedix (OTC BB: CMXI) net loss of $4.74M or $0.07 per share with $8.5M in cash;
- NeoStem (AMEX: NBS) net loss of $9.45M or $0.08 per share with $21.8M in cash, escrowed cash of $2.45M;
- Verastem (VSTN) net loss of 46.9M or $0.47 per share with $109.3M in cash;
- Opexa (OPXA) net loss of $2.37M or $0.17 per share with $4.67M in cash;
- Athersys (ATHX) net loss of $4.33M or $0.10 per share with $15.8M in cash;
- BioTime (AMEX: BTX) net loss of $5M or $0.10 per share with $16.5M in cash;
- Osiris (OSIR) net loss of $1.3M or $0.04 per share with $44.2M cash;
- ThermoGenesis (KOOL) Q3/12 net loss of $1.8M or $0.11 per share with $8.5M in cash;
- StemCells (STEM) net loss of $10.23M or $0.45 per share with $13.7M in cash;
- Aastrom (ASTM) net loss of $9.7M or $0.25 per share with $36.7M in cash;
- Cytori (CYTX) net loss of $9.3M or $0.16 per share with $34.4M in cash plus $1.4M in receivables;
- Neuralstem (Amex: CUR) net loss of $2.45M or 0.05 per share with $5.14M in cash;
- Advanced cell technology (OTC BB: ACTC) net loss of $5.71M or $o.oo per share with $10.8M in cash;
- Dendreon (DNDN) net loss of $103.9M or 0.70 per share with $559.1m in cash;
- Tengion (TNTN) net loss of $4.4m or $0.18 per share with $7.3M in cash;
- Geron (GERN) net loss of $18.7M or $0.15 per share with $136.9M in cash;
- International Stem Cell (OTC BB: ISCO) net loss of $4.13M or $0.05 per share with $6M in cash and $250K in receivables;
- BioMimetic (BMTI) a net loss of $6.1M or $0.22 per share and $20.4M in cash and $34.1M in short-term investments.