RegMed Daily, Closing Bell, 4/27/12, stocks extend their modest gains, very slowly as we spout, TGIF
EOD Commentary: Stocks added to modest gains Friday, on track to logging a 4th straight partial rally, as investors cheered a handful of encouraging earnings and a better-than-expected consumer sentiment report, but gains were limited following the weak GDP report. Again, RegMed stocks rose early and fell later, adding a few cents to a couple of companies in the final minutes on Friday as stocks traded in a thin session as hopes for overshadowing worries over the lack of clinical data and some on-coming negative and …tepid earnings reports. The hurdle is that things are getting worse in this sector … as the market continues to do what it’s been doing … I don’t think the RegMed universe perception and conviction is changing …
Closing Bell: The NASDAQ closed UP +18.59 (+0.61%) to 3,069.20. The Dow closed UP +24.60 <+0.19%) to 13,22922.
Who is up … at the close:
- Aastrom (ASTM) +$0.02 <+0.81%> to $2.49;
- Athersys (ATHX) +$0.03 <+2.22%> to $1.38;
- BioTime (Amex: BTX) +$0.19 <+5.18%> to $3.86;
- BioMimetic (BMTI) +$0.06 <+2.28%> to $2.69;
- Dendreon (DNDN) +$0.02 <+0.18%> to $11.35;
- Neuralstem (Amex: CUR) +$0.01 <+0.99%> to $1.02;
- Opexa (OPXA) +$0.01 <+1.67%> to $0.61;
- Osiris (OSIR) +$0.15 <+2.81%> to $5.49;
- ThermoGenesis (KOOL) +$0.03 <+3.30%> to $0.94.