RegMed Competitive and Market Intelligence 4/13/12, throw some salt over your shoulder on Friday, the 13th as market slides and sentiment slips in an ugly week
Today’s Gospel: Looking at this end of week, so far … I reiterate … we’re going to see more … irregularity in … RegMed universe gyrations as we move into the spring through the summer lull … hopefully, positive sentiment MIGHT start to appear but, different from question – where is it coming (?) from versus … yesterdays, what is it?
A macro view is the path of least resistance in the short-term is for a … correction … what key fund managers think … being that markets have … NOT … yet decoupled from Europe and Asia exchanges … if they sneeze, we won’t necessarily catch pneumonia, but the idea that we’ll avoid any signs of a cold is … optimistic.
- Moderate red and black (no movement) on the screen … Aastrom (ASTM) has been flat, up and down – can’t keep a non-toxic financing down as profiteers drain the week’s profitable moves but, you can’t keep a momentum down for long… a short Cytomedix (OTC BB: CMXI) is up <+$0.06 or 4.23% to $1.48) on no new news, expect retrenchment.
- After most run-ups, profit takers fleece the “ups” – Cytori (CYTX) is down (-$0.14 or 3.74% to $2.28) … sustaining movements have not been focused pre a weekend.
- The great long shot … Advanced Cell Technology (ACTC.PK) $0.0016 <+1.97%> to $0.0827) is up in anticipation of shareholder meeting and reverse strategy and … at what is the number … ? ACTC.PK had … filed with the SEC, a preliminary proxy statement in connection with their proposal to affect a reverse stock split in which it will seek shareholder approval for a reverse split of between 1-for 20 and 1-for 80 shares.
- Not a trend … but, for Friday’s action – never be long over a weekend … on slowly moving stocks … or any in this volitile market!
- Upward moves … are Geron (GERN), ImmunoCellular (OTC BB: IMUC) … soon to be on the AMEX (?), International Stem cell (OTC BB: ISCO), Opexa (OPXA), StemCells (STEM), Tengion (TNGN) and Neuralstem (Amex: CUR) and NeoStem (Amex: NBS) is flat …
- Verastem took a hit after trading up over last few days seen – having better market days …-$0.14 <-1.27%> to $10.86.
An added …Why … throw salt over the shoulder and don’t step on cracks in the sidewalk … It seems inevitable that delisting mechanisms are becoming evident … in AMEX and NASDAQ requirements as a few companies gets closer.
EconRecon: Consumer sentiment declined in early April, hurt by rising gasoline prices, according to a survey by University of Michigan and Reuters. Economists expected the index to remain unchanged at March’s 76.2 level. Also on the economic front, consumer prices rose 0.3 percent in March, according to the Labor Department, in line with expectations.
Mid-Day: The NASDAQ is DOWN -33.93 (+1.11%) to 3,021.62 while the Dow is DOWN -71.07 (-0.55%) to 12,915.51.
Mid-Day Market Commentary: Stocks have moved mostly lower in … mid-day … trading on Friday, giving back some ground after posting strong gains in the 2 previous sessions. The major averages have all moved to the downside but remain well off Tuesday’s lows. The market weakness is macro oriented partly due to some disappointing economic news from China, which has added to recent concerns about the outlook for the global economy.
Who is UP … Mid-day:
- Cytomedix (OTC BB: CMXI);
- Geron (GERN);
- ImmunoCellular (OTC BB: IMUC);
- Opexa (OPXA);
- NeoStem (Amex: NBS);
- Neuralstem (CUR);
- StemCells (STEM);
- Tengion (TNGN).
What’s new in the regenerative medicine/stem cell market … Not much … to know today …