The Daily Look, Starting the Day, 9/13/11
The norm these days is the uncertainty and angst that comes with the unresolved problems of Europe’s debt crisis.
Nobody knows what’s going to happen. The market hates uncertainty. We know there are opportunities out there. It’s just that the outlook is so murky.
EU stocks swung between gains and losses, with the Stoxx EU 600 Index traded near a 2 year low, as bank shares reversed their earlier losses. EU stocks fell back after initial gains linked to reports China might buy Italian sovereign debt while US futures dropped, Asian shares changed little.
US stock futures pointed to opening losses for Wall Street on Tuesday, 9/13/11 as EU markets tumbled again amid fading hopes thatChinawas interested in Italian bonds and continued sovereign-debt worries.
Futures for the Dow dropped 70 points to 10,919, while those for the S&P’s 500 index slid 8.4 points to 1,148.60. Futures for the NASDAQ fell 12.75 points to 2,177.75.
Annual Rodman & Renshaw Healthcare Conference Presentation Update, 9/13/11, at in NYC, NY:
- ImmunoCellular (OTC BB: IMUC) will present 9:10am
- Geron (GERN) will present at 9:35 am
- Neuralstem (AMEX: CUR) will present at 10:50 am
- Fibrocell (OTC BB: FCSC) will present at 10:25 am
- Opexa (OPXA) will present at 11:40 am
- ThermoGenesis (KOOL) will present at 10 am
- Advanced Cell Technology (OTC BB: ACTC) will present at 10:25 am
- Tengion (TNGN) will present at 1:35 pm.