Non-exclusive License Agreement with Cellular Dynamics, Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals
Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals (TB) has entered into a non-exclusive license agreement with Cellular Dynamics International (CDI), a producer of human induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell lines and tissue cells for drug discovery and safety.
The license agreement allows CDI to use TB’s piggyBac technology in the creation of its products.
- The piggyBac technology is a highly versatile non-viral method for genetic engineering and stable transgene expression;
- CDI licensed piggyBack improves its manufacturing capabilities;
- The two companies have also agreed to a R&D collaboration;
- TB was granted a research license to any cell or product developed by CDI that uses piggyBac for its creation;
- In addition to its iCell™ Cardiomyocytes product line, CDI is planning to launch hepatocytes, neurons, and endothelial cells in the next year.
Transposagen, a leader in genetically modified rats, may use CDI’s cells to develop “humanized rats,” rats that contain organs predominantly consisting of human-derived cells.
- TB is developing products expected to improve drug discovery and development by more accurately predicting human response to potential therapeutics at the pre-clinical stage.
- TBs’ signature products, TKO™ Knockout Rat Models and TGEM™ Rat Models mimic human diseases and are used for drug discovery and development research;
- TB also creates custom transgenic rat models to customer specifications.