Marketing Agreement for ACTCellerate™ Cell Lines, Biotime (AMEX: BTX)
BTX initiated a marketing agreement with Shanghai Genext Medical Technology Co., Ltd. to sell ACTCellerate™ cell lines to the medical and biological research communities in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
ACTCellerate™ is a novel technology that allows the expansion of over 140 highly-purified primitive human embryonic progenitor cells (hEPCs) from hES or iPS cells.
- These cells have potential applications in basic biological and medical research, use in screening for novel pharmaceuticals, and for potential use in cell-based therapies;
- The marketing agreement includes provisions for an initial stocking inventory and annual milestones to maintain exclusivity;
- In addition to a wide array of human cell types; Genext will market cell culture media customized for each line.
BTX’s technologies in regenerative medicine are based on the power of human embryonic stem (hES) cells and induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells to become all of the cell types of the human body.
- There is a significant business opportunity in marketing the hundreds of human cell types that come from these stem cells in both the research markets and therapeutic markets;
- However, one of the greatest challenges for stem cell researchers is to identify means to isolate the many hundreds of human cell types in a purified state.
Genext is a leader in the marketing and distribution of products and services in the field of stem cell technology, organ transplantation, and regenerative medicine with over 400 hospitals and 2,500 stem cell researchers in their distribution network.