Proprietary Human Cell Detection Antibodies Launch, StemCells (STEM)
- These high potency antibodies are the latest additions to STEM’s growing SC Proven® portfolio of research products and provide powerful, cost-effective tools for the detection, tracking and characterization of human cells both in vitro and when transplanted into animal models of human diseases.
STEM101, STEM121 and STEM123 are human-specific mouse monoclonal antibodies that have been extensively used to detect the engraftment, migration and differentiation of human neural stem cells and human liver engrafting cells (hLEC™) transplanted into rodents. These antibodies can be used for immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence applications such as:
- Quantifying the location and number of engrafted ;
- Tracking the migration pattern of engrafted cells ;
- Determining the nature of engrafted cells;
- Identifying specific differentiated human-derived cells such as astrocytes;
- STEM101 recognizes the Ku80 protein found in human nuclei;
- STEM121 recognizes a cytoplasmic protein of human cells;
- STEM123 recognizes human glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP).
The SC Proven product portfolio comprises a range of specialty cell culture products that enable the standardized and reproducible production and propagation of highly purified stem cells and their differentiated progeny, as well as reagents for cell detection, isolation and characterization.
- There is considerable demand for these reagents, STEM now makes them available to the scientific community at large.